This came in my email this morning. It’s brilliant! It’s from Success Magazine.
While these were written, I believe as general lifestyle guidelines — upon reflection — I think they make pretty good rules for us to follow as part of our life plans as success voice artists/voice talents!
5 Rules of Relationships
John Maxwell says relationships can fall into one of four categories.
Those that add to who we are, those that subtract, those that multiply our strengths and those that divide us.
To improve our relationships with others, he offers these five rules:
1. Get Along with Yourself—The one relationship you have until you die is with yourself. Treat yourself with the love and respect you deserve.
2. Value People—You cannot make another feel important if you secretly feel that he or she is not.
3. Recognize that everyone has innate value.
4. Make the Effort to Form Relationships—Chuck Swindoll said, “It’s like they say in the Army, when you dig a foxhole, make enough room for two.” Reach out, make room and enjoy new relationships.
Understand the Reciprocity Rule—What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.
5. Follow the Golden Rule (do onto others as you would have them do to you) —If every person made decisions based on the Golden Rule, we would all make more right decisions.